How to Block Website on iPhone: Blocking websites on an iPhone can be an effective way to control your internet usage or limit access to certain websites for yourself or someone else using your phone. Here are the steps you can follow to block websites on your iPhone:
- Use Screen Time: The Screen Time feature in iOS allows you to limit access to certain apps and websites. To use this feature, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Web Content. From there, you can choose to block all websites or only specific ones by adding them to the Never Allow list.
- Use Parental Controls: If you want to limit access to certain websites for someone else using your iPhone, you can use the built-in parental controls. To do this, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Content Restrictions > Web Content. Here, you can choose to limit access to adult websites, allow specific websites, or block specific websites.
- Use a Third-Party App: There are several third-party apps available on the App Store that allow you to block websites on your iPhone. Some popular options include Freedom, BlockSite, and Focus@Will. These apps typically work by creating a VPN that blocks access to specific websites.
- Use DNS Settings: You can also block websites on your iPhone by changing the DNS settings. To do this, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and tap on the i icon next to the network you are connected to. From there, scroll down and tap on Configure DNS. Choose the Manual option and add the IP address of a DNS server that blocks access to the websites you want to block.
- Use Restrictions: If you want to block access to certain websites completely, you can use the Restrictions feature. To do this, go to Settings > General > Restrictions and enable Restrictions. From there, you can choose to block access to Safari, block access to specific websites, or prevent changes to the settings.
In conclusion, there are several ways to block websites on your iPhone. You can use the built-in Screen Time and parental controls features, third-party apps, DNS settings, or the Restrictions feature. By taking the time to block websites that distract you or limit access to inappropriate content, you can improve your productivity and maintain a safer online environment.