How to Set Up Solitaire: Solitaire is a classic card game that has been enjoyed by generations. The objective of the game is to move all of the cards from the tableau to the foundation piles. Setting up Solitaire can be a bit tricky if you are unfamiliar with the game, but once you get the hang of it, it is easy to play.
In this article, we will guide you on how to set up Solitaire.
Materials Needed: -A standard deck of 52 playing cards
- Shuffle the deck of cards thoroughly.
- Deal out seven columns of cards, with the first column having one card, the second column having two cards, the third column having three cards, and so on until the seventh column, which has seven cards. All of the cards should be facing down, except for the top card of each column.
- Place the remaining cards in a pile, facing down, which will be referred to as the stockpile.
- Turn the top card of the stockpile over and place it in a separate pile next to the stockpile, which will be referred to as the waste pile.
- Arrange the foundation piles above the tableau, with each pile starting with an ace and building up to a king. There should be four foundation piles in total.
- Begin playing the game.
Also Read: How to do Backflip
- When placing cards in the tableau, you can only place a card on top of a card that is of the opposite color and one number lower. For example, you can place a red 8 on a black 9.
- Aces can be placed in the foundation piles as soon as they appear in the tableau.
- You can only move the top card of the waste pile to the tableau or foundation piles.
- You can only turn over three cards from the stockpile at a time. Once all three cards are used, you can turn over another set of three cards.
Conclusion: Setting up Solitaire is a simple process that can be done quickly. Once you have set up the game, you are ready to start playing. Remember to follow the rules of the game, and you will be able to move all of the cards to the foundation piles. Solitaire is a great way to pass the time and challenge your mind.