How to Cook Italian sausage: Italian sausage is a popular and flavorful ingredient in many Italian dishes, including pasta dishes, pizzas, and sandwiches. If you’re looking to cook Italian sausage at home, here’s a simple guide to help you get started.
- Italian sausage links
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- Preheat the oven: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prick the sausages: Use a fork to prick the Italian sausages all over. This will allow the excess fat to escape while cooking.
- Heat a pan: Heat a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil to the pan.
- Cook the sausages: Once the skillet is hot, add the Italian sausages to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Add water: Once the sausages are browned, pour 1/2 cup of water into the skillet. This will help create steam and cook the sausages all the way through.
- Transfer to the oven: Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the sausages are fully cooked.
- Check for doneness: Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the sausages. They should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
- Let rest: Once the sausages are fully cooked, remove them from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Also, Check out: How to Cancel Peacock
- If you don’t have an oven-safe skillet, you can transfer the sausages to a baking dish before baking in the oven.
- Italian sausage is also great on the grill. Just preheat the grill to medium-high heat, and grill the sausages for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until fully cooked.
- Italian sausage can be used in a variety of dishes, such as pasta with sausage and peppers, sausage and kale soup, or sausage and mushroom pizza.
In conclusion, cooking Italian sausage is a simple and delicious way to add flavor to your favorite Italian dishes. By following these simple steps, you can easily cook Italian sausage at home and enjoy its rich, savory flavor.