Structure Query Language Structure Query Language (SQL) is the most popular and widely used relational standard database language. It is easy to learn and use. It allows the user to…
SQL Statement: Both ANSI and ISO have accepted SQL as the standard language for the relational databases. SQL statements are used to perform different operations on the databases such as to retrieve data from database tables, enter new data in databases and to change data or to delete the data of database etc.Similarly you can define the structure of databases and can change the existing structures of databases.
All these functions are performed on the databases through SQL statements. The statements of SQL are English like statement. Different statements are used to perform different functions. On the basis of SQL statement, SQL is categorized as
- SQL as Data Retrieval Language
- SQL as Data Manipulation Language
- SQL as Data Definition Language
- SQL as Transaction Control Language. For this purpose, SQL provides statement that are used to manage the change in the data of database made by DML statements
- Data Control Language (DCL). For this purpose, SQL provides statement that are used to give or remove access rights.