Twerking is a dance move that involves shaking and moving the hips and buttocks in a sexually suggestive manner. It originated in African American culture and has become popular in many music genres, particularly hip-hop and R&B.
Here are some basic steps to get started with twerking:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees slightly bent.
- Start by tilting your hips to one side and then the other, using your core and leg muscles to move your hips.
- Once you are comfortable with the basic hip movement, try adding a bounce to your twerk by pushing your hips down and then quickly lifting them up.
- To add more flair to your twerk, try incorporating arm movements, such as clapping or waving your arms in the air.
- Practice to a beat of the song, twerking should be in sync with the music.
- Remember that twerking is an expressive dance move, so have fun with it and let yourself go!
It is important to note that twerking should be done in a safe and comfortable environment and is not appropriate for every setting. Twerking is also considered as a form of self-expression and sexual expression, it is important to respect other people’s comfort and boundaries.