The PlayStation 5 (PS5) is the latest gaming console from Sony, featuring state-of-the-art hardware and advanced gaming capabilities. If you’re new to the PS5, you may be wondering how to properly turn off the console when you’re finished playing. In this article, we’ll go over the steps to turn off your PS5.
Step 1: Exit Any Running Games or Apps
Before you turn off your PS5, make sure to exit any running games or apps. This will ensure that your progress is saved and that no data is lost. To exit a game or app, press the PlayStation button on your controller, then select the game or app you want to close. Press the Options button on your controller, then select Close Application.
Step 2: Go to the Home Screen
Once all games and apps are closed, navigate to the home screen by pressing the PlayStation button on your controller. This will bring up the Control Center.
Step 3: Select the Power Icon
From the Control Center, select the Power icon on the far right. This will bring up the Power menu.
Step 4: Choose the Power Option
In the Power menu, you have several options for how you want to power off your PS5. The options include:
- Rest Mode: This puts your PS5 in a low-power state and allows you to quickly resume your game or app when you turn on your PS5 again.
- Turn Off PS5: This will completely turn off your PS5.
- Restart PS5: This will restart your PS5.
Choose the Turn Off PS5 option to completely power off your console.
Step 5: Confirm Your Selection
After selecting Turn Off PS5, you will be prompted to confirm your selection. Select Yes to confirm that you want to turn off your PS5.
Step 6: Wait for the Console to Shut Down
After confirming your selection, your PS5 will begin to shut down. Wait for the console to completely power off before unplugging it or turning off the power supply.
Tips and Tricks:
- If your PS5 is in Rest Mode, you can turn it back on quickly by pressing the PlayStation button on your controller.
- Always make sure to properly exit games and apps before turning off your PS5 to avoid losing data.
- If your PS5 is not responding, you can force it to power off by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the console for 7 seconds.
Turning off your PS5 is a simple process that only takes a few steps. By properly exiting games and apps, navigating to the Power menu, and selecting the Turn Off PS5 option, you can safely power off your console. Remember to always confirm your selection and wait for the console to completely power off before unplugging it or turning off the power supply.
Want to read more about How To Make Paper In Minecraft?