A pocket square, also known as a handkerchief, is a small piece of fabric that is placed in the breast pocket of a suit or jacket. It is often used as a fashion accessory and can add a touch of elegance to a formal outfit. Folding a pocket square properly can be a little tricky, but with a little practice, it’s easy to master. In this guide, we will go over the basic steps for folding a pocket square, as well as some different styles that you can try. Whether you’re going to a wedding or a formal event, having a pocket square in your breast pocket can elevate your look and make you feel more put together. So let’s get started and learn how to fold a pocket square like a pro!
Here is a basic guide on how to fold a pocket square:
- Start with a square pocket square, folded diagonally so that it forms a triangle.
- Fold the triangle in half, bringing the top point down to the bottom point.
- Fold the triangle in half again, bringing the top point down to the bottom point once more.
- Fold the left and right sides of the triangle inwards to meet at the center crease.
- Fold the top point down to the bottom point one more time.
- Place the folded pocket square into your breast pocket, with the folded point sticking out.
There are many different ways to fold a pocket square, depending on the occasion and the look you’re going for. These are just a few popular ways to do it.